We have been carefully watching the development and media surrounding the spread of the Covid-19 virus. To protect our landlords, tenants, contractors and team members we would like to make the following statement.
As you would expect, in light of the latest Government instructions, we have temporarily closed our Headingley office. All our staff our now working from home, phones have been diverted and we can also still be contacted via our website message board or email.
1) Physical viewings have now been suspended.
2) Video viewings are now available where possible.
3) Emergency maintenance will continue as normal. Should the situation deteriorate, this will be re-evaluated. Occupiers will be asked if they are experiencing any of the following four scenarios prior to the visit:
a. They have traveled overseas in the past 8 weeks.
b. They have any symptoms of Covid-19 (no matter how mild)
c. They have been in contact with anyone with the symptoms of Covid-19
d. They have been advised by a healthcare professional (or NHS 111) to self isolate.
All contractors have been provided with advice with regards to mitigating the spread of Covid-19 and risk assessments will be carried out prior to releasing keys for each job. Please make us aware as soon as possible if any occupiers are in a “High Risk” group.
4) Non-emergency maintenance will not be carried out.
5) Should members of our team need to self-isolate, they will be able to do so with our full support. Please bear with us through this period as we prioritise work to ensure our service levels are not affected.
6) Should any of our tenants have a problem making their rental or service charge payments relating to Covid-19, we request that you contact us as soon as possible to discuss the options.
7) The safety and health of both our team and those we meet is paramount therefore we will do all we can as a business to ensure our actions minimise the impact of Covid-19 on all our clients.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
• Dry cough
• High temperature/fever
• Shortness of breath
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COVID-19
• Regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Using regular hand sanitiser gel
• Cover your mouth or nose with tissue rather than your hand when coughing and sneezing
• Put tissues in sealed bin as soon as possible
• Avoid close contact with others who are unwell
• Avoid touching your face
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE COVID-19
• Remain at home and self-isolate
• Do not visit your GP or hospital
• Use the NHS 111
Online CoronaVirus service for further advice: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19